- What is homestead credit?
- How does a property I own qualify for a homestead credit?
- Why must I provide my Social Security number?
- Are homestead credits on all properties the same?
- I own and live in a manufactured home located in a mobile home park. Are the homestead rules the same?
- Do I have to file for homestead every year?
- What if I fail to comply with homestead laws or file a false homestead application?
- What if the owner of a property moves to a nursing home or assisted living facility?
- My neighbor goes “south” every winter. How long can an owner be absent without losing their homestead?
- We own two properties in Minnesota and spend about 6 months at each home. Can we homestead both properties?
- What if the owner is in the military and is absent due to active service?
- Can I claim homestead on one home and my spouse claim homestead on our second home?
- We own and live on a farm. What qualifies for the homestead benefit?
- We own and live on a farm but we rent the land out to be farmed by someone else. Can we still get an agricultural homestead on the entire property?
- Are there any special circumstances that would allow homestead on a farm if the owner does not live there?